Out of stock
This product is not currently available on the Musix site.
You may be able to find it available through Amazon, eBay or other online shopping sites.
This DVD teaches everything you need to know to get up and swinging on the mandolin! The main focus is on moveable chord forms and songs and helps you build a repertoire of each. The chords will come in handy in the jazz and swing style while the eight great songs you’ll learn are played by swing/jazz musicians all over the world.
Learn at your own pace as Dix takes you through all the basics including the swing/jazz rhythm comp, turnarounds, info on music theory, diminished chords, transposing, basic chord substitutions, common swing/jazz chord progressions, and more. Play along with the DVD and learn each chord progression at both slow and regular speeds. Over 100 minutes of video instruction!
• Closed position/moveable Swing & Jazz Chords
• The Swing Rhythm Comp (how to play with a swing/jazz feel)
• Chord Numbering (I vi ii V etc.) • Transposing Chords & Songs
• Basic Chord Substitutions & Alternate Chord Forms
• All about Diminished Chords
• Blues, Cycles of Fifths, ii V I Progressions
• 8 great Swing & Jazz Songs in several different keys!
Swing in Minor
Blues in Bb
The Sheik of Araby
After You’ve Gone
and chord progressions like:
Sweet Georgia Brown