I’m happy to announce the launch of our newly redesigned Musix website! Most of the content from the old site remains, we just spiffed up the presentation. You can still get Mandolin World News back issues, all of my books and recordings, plus matted photos, luggage tags, bumper stickers, and a whole lot more fun stuff. But the look and navigation is totally new and improved!
I started the original Musix website way back in the last century and it has grown over years, with new pages, products, links and buttons added here and there as needed. It was due for a refresh, but I never quite found the time to make a change, so we just plugged along.
Then a while back, I found out that the software I’d used forever to create and maintain my website was no longer being supported, so I had to quickly move to something else. I consulted with my friend and webmaster Gerald Jones, who set us up on a new platform and showed me the basics of how to use it. (Gerald and I collaborated on The Parking Lot Picker’s Songbook Fiddle Edition. He plays just about every stringed instrument expertly and directs the annual Acoustic Music Camp in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. This years’ camp is April 30 – May 2, 2020 and I’ll be there! But I digress.) The next step was to move all the content from my old site to the new platform. That was one tedious and time-consuming job! I worked on it whenever I had a few free minutes, but it literally took years. Once the content was moved, we had to figure out how we wanted it to look. Luckily for me, my wife Kathi graciously volunteered to assist. She researched pages, posts and plugins, designed the site structure, navigation, and functionality, created templates, forms and views, and finally taught me how to plug the old information into the new templates.
I’m delighted with the result, and my thanks go out to Gerald and Kathi. I KNOW I could not have done it without them!
The new revised Musix site is clear, clean, and beautiful. I think you’ll find it intuitive to use and easy to find what you are looking for.
- On the Home page, see New Products, Featured Products, Shop by Style or choose to view products by instrument from the cool photo slider.
- Find Books/DVDs, CDs/Videos or Accessories/Gifts from the top menu bar.
- Use the new Search feature (on the top menu and footer) to search through the entire site.
- Our Blog/News section includes all of my past Musix Newsletters and free downloads. Going forward, the blog/new will offer playing tips and music to download along with news of the new projects and products.
- You can find Contact information on the bottom of every page, or go to the Contact Us page to send a message using the online form.
I’m so pleased with the way it turned out, and I think you will be too. Please take a few minutes to visit and look around, and let me know what you think! (Just use the email link from the footer or the message form on the Contact page.)
See you online!